Before your home can be effectively exterminated for bed bugs, it must be prepared to strict specifications. This process can be physically demanding, time consuming, and very stressful. Improper preparation can make bed bug treatment ineffective and subject you to reinfestation.
But who has time for all this, and how can you make sure everything is done thoroughly enough to make your bed bug treatment effective? Let the pest control experts at Complete Pest Solutions help!
Bed Bug Prep by Complete Pest Solutions (CPS):
- CPS will remove all bedding from mattresses, gather all linens, clothing, etc. from living space. This includes any textile materials that are machine washable- pillows, mattress covers, anything – and those that must be dry cleaned. Even fabric that is in storage should be collected. CPS will place in bags that CPS will provide.
- CPS will empty closets in rooms where bugs have been found or closets in which fabrics, linens, towels, etc. have been stored.
- CPS will unplug electronic devices in rooms being exterminated. Vacuum floors, baseboards, carpets, nooks and crannies.
- CPS will empty wooden bookshelves, desks, dressers, nightstands etc. and remove drawers if possible. Bedbugs can and will seek refuge between the boards of wooden furniture. This may include coffee tables, television stands, bed frames, photo frames, and box springs. Dispose of heavily infested furniture.
- CPS will wrap all mattresses, box springs, couches, loveseats, and lazy boys after treatment. Technician will determine when the customer can remove the plastic.
Bed Bug Prep by Customer:
If you prefer to do the job yourself, read our checklist to make sure that your home is properly prepared. This is vital to ensure that we are able to provide the quickest and most efficient bed bug extermination services.
- Wash bedding and any clothing/fabrics that may have come in contact with bedbugs in HOT water, and dry in the dryer if possible on high heat for 40 minutes. Place in storage bins.
- After washing, place items in storage bins or garbage bags. Seal tightly to prevent bugs from entering and hiding in the clean fabrics.
- Clean the kitchen thoroughly by wiping out and washing all cabinets and cupboards. Clean under the sink area and take out all trash. Remove and clean all pet bowls.
- Make sure to leave the space for 2 to 3 hours after the treatment is completed.
- Wait for all mattresses, sofas, etc. to dry before sitting or laying on them. The chemicals used to exterminate the premises will rarely irritate your skin and have only a slight odor.
- Following extermination, seal your mattress, box spring, and pillows in airtight protective bags, often carried by mattress sellers. Use vinyl/zippered mattress cases only. CPS does have these for sale.
- Remove the plastic from furniture as directed by the CPS technician.
Complete Pest Solutions offers this and other customized plans to solve all of your pest problems. Call today to find out how our pest management specialists can make your home pest free!